Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My new toy...

I have quite a few sessions coming up... one including school portraits, some indoors, some outdoors during odd hours of lighting-many sessions needing flash photography. I always love natural lighting but you just can't have natural lighting in every setting. I have wanted to improve my flash photography and kept stumbling across this weird looking diffuser:


It kind of looks like a lamp shade on top of your flash and it claims to achieve "on-the-go studio lighting." I must say that I have been really impressed in the short amount of time I have been able to play around with it. I really like the lighting it achieves and definitely would recommend it to any photographer.
Gary Fong's Lightshere II
See for yourself:
This picture was taken with the small diffuser that came with my flash
(definitely looks like flash photography):




This picture was taken with my new diffuser:
( I must say that the lighting looks way more natural)

Both pictures were taken seconds apart, same physical setting and same camera settings- I think I will enjoy learning more flash photography with this addition to my camera bag!

No comments: